Boorowa is another of those NSW towns that are off the main thoroughfare and most likely will require a diversion to visit. Now, this town is an OZZIE secret. What a great surprise to find a garden township where appearance is everything. A very pretty place is Boorowa. The town today is in two parts. The old and the new. This pub is on the old main street.
The first European to travel through what is now Boorowa Shire was surveyor, George Evans, in 1815. Unofficial occupation of the district began in 1821 with Rodger Corcoran and fellow convict Ned Ryan.
Governor Gipps proposed the creation of a village named 'Burrowa' in 1842, to be located 9 km north-east of the present site at Kings Plains which had been surveyed in 1828. However, that spot proved unsuitable and the village was established on its present site in 1843.