Darlington Point, so named because of the point at which the town nestles on the banks of the Murrumbidgee River. Darlington Point is a small town that has the majority of essential services.
The first pastoral run near present-day Darlington Point, on the north bank of the Murrumbidgee, was taken up in 1844 by John Peter; he named the run "Cuba" after the Aboriginal word for a locally-common Acacia tree. On the south bank John Peter also leased the "Tubbo" run, a property he had formed in the 1850s by the amalgamation of several runs. The site where the township later developed was a crossing-place over the Murrumbidgee River used by stockmen.
Be sure to have refreshment or a snack on the banks of this great river.