CALLIOPE

Some 10k from Gladstone is the small junction town of Calliope. Calliope is now a corridor suburb of Gladstone.

The old church and War Memorial determined Calliope's inclusion in our town synopsis.

The town is reputedly named after the ship Calliope, which brought the Governor of New South Wales, Sir Charles Augustus Fitzroy to Port Curtis in 1854. Industries of the town and surrounds since that time have included gold mining, beef, timber, and more recently, tourism.

The Hotel is of the modern era.

Traveling west from Gladstone will take you through Calliope.

 

 

Fireplace Dump Station
General Store Bottled Gas
Internet Caravan
Camping   4WD
Kitchen Facilities Disabled access
Laundry Toilets
Campervans   Accommodation
Meals   Airport
Pets Allowed   Boat Ramp
Telephone Picnic Area
Roadside Rest Area Electricity
Scenic   Swimming
Tap water   Thermal Area
Stream Water   Walking tracks
Rotary Club Lions Club
Gymnasium   Gardens
Winery   Whitewater Rafting
Surfing   Skydiving
Skiing   Scenic Flights
Postal Service Police
Movie Location   Mountain Biking
Kayaking   Jet Boating
Information Hospital
Hang Gliding Golf Course