WANDOAN

Wandoan is the last of the towns on the Leichardt Hgy traveling south to Miles. Wandoan is a small town that provides all of the basic services.

The beginnings of the Wandoan Township can be traced back to 1853 when 'Juandah' Station was established at this location in 1849.

A wayside hotel was built there in the 1890s, and by the end of the nineteenth century the hotel was well established and a township was formed. It was named Wandoan in 1926.

The Wandoan War Memorial is a modest cenotaph near the public buildings.

The Wandoan Hotel is an impressive structure.

The Wandoan Churches are of the traditional design.

Always time for refreshment at Wandoan.

 

 

Fireplace Dump Station
General Store   Bottled Gas
Internet Caravan
Camping 4WD
Kitchen Facilities Disabled access
Laundry Toilets
Campervans Accommodation
Meals   Airport
Pets Allowed   Boat Ramp
Telephone Picnic Area
Roadside Rest Area Electricity
Scenic Swimming
Tap water   Thermal Area
Stream Water   Walking tracks
Rotary Club   Lions Club
Gymnasium   Gardens
Winery   Whitewater Rafting
Surfing   Skydiving
Skiing   Scenic Flights
Postal Service Police
Movie Location   Mountain Biking
Kayaking   Jet Boating
Information Hospital
Hang Gliding Golf Course