Beachport is the first town after Port MacDonnell on the South Coast Highway heading north. Beachport is a nice coastal town that has a lot going for it. The entry into Beachport is one of the best for a visitor. Beach on the left and golf course on the right.
The town was named on 23 May 1878 for the then British Secretary, Michael Beach Hicks Beach the 1st Earl of St Aldwyn and officially proclaimed a port on 21 November 1878. In the same year a lighthouse was erected close by on Penguin Island.
.Known for its 772 metre long jetty (the second longest in SA), Beachport is located on the northern end of Rivoli Bay. It has a large crayfish fishing fleet. Popular recreational fishing spots include the Salmon Hole, jetty and 10 Mile Beach. Other attractions include the Salt Lake, Lake George and the rugged coastal views of the Scenic Drive.