Beulah is the next small town visited when heading south from Hopetown towards Warracknabeal. Beulah is another of those small towns that meets the Bustout criteria. At first glance there is no reason to take the diversion, but as is the case with many small places there is a discovery. Beulah is no different. Beulah had a population of 219
The town's name is taken from the Bible. In some English translations the word is given as "married" or "inhabited".
Beulah was established on land that was once Brim Station. Closer settlement began in the 1880s and the town site was proclaimed in 1891. A Post Office opened on May 6, 1891 and the railway reached town in 1893. The town claims to be the closest to the Rabbit Proof Fence, established to prevent the incursion of rabbit plagues.
What is clearly evident to the visitor is the influence of the Lions Clubs. All their achievements for a population of just 200 or so.