Kyabram is a wealthy community just about in the middle of the rich dairy and fruit region. Kyabram has always been such and has always weathered any economic downturns. Kyabram is also a very pretty and neat place; the town has high vibrancy factor enhanced by the narrow streets.
The township started in the 1870s with town blocks sold in 1876. Kyabram Post Office opened on 23 September 1878. Sheridan Post Office opened on 1 December 1884. On 8 April 1886, in anticipation of the arrival of the railway at what was then Sheridan, Kyabram was renamed Kyabram East and Sheridan was renamed Kyabram. The name of the town is thought to derive from an Aboriginal word Kiambram meaning "Thick Forest".
Kyabram, the second largest town in the Shire of Campaspe. is situated between the towns of Echuca and Shepparton and is close to the Murray River.
Kyabram has all or most essential services, and as a result there is not an excess of economic wealth drifting to Shepparton.
Kyabram is a nice spot and a stay over would not disappoint.