Red Cliffs is the first of two small satellite townships of Mildura. Red Cliffs is on the southern of the approaches. The town exudes a high degree of wealth, is very tidy, and though a ‘new’ town in the scheme of things have done a lot administration issues right.
The area was first settled by Europeans in 1918. Following the First World War, 700 soldiers settled in the town, and began work on establishing the vineyards which would become the town's chief industry. The Post Office opened on August 4, 1920. More land was sold to soldiers following the Second World War.
A coffee or refreshment and a visit to the museum do give cause to stop awhile.