Continuing our travels west we arrive at Kondinin.
The town is located in the Eastern Wheatbelt region and on State Route 40 between Corrigin and Hyden. It is the main town in the Shire of Kondinin.
The lake and well nearby came to be known as Kondinin, although the meaning is unknown.
In the early years, settlers occasionally encountered groups of Aborigines hunting possums. Although artifacts such as grinding stones and stone choppers have been found in the district, no signs of permanent occupation were found by early settlers other than the mia-mias built by "Europeanised" Aboriginal shepherds.
The town of Kondinin began life as a railway station on the railway line near Narrogin to Kondinin, built from 1911 to 1915.