Lake Grace is a crossroads town in the mid south region of WA. Lake Grace is encounted when traveling east from Wagin to Lake King. Lake Grace in itself is a very large salt pan, but no doubt from time to time is in flood. Lake Grace is a pretty and modest town that does pack a pleasant heritage surprise, and after most likely traveling a long distance is a recommended stop over.
The townsite of Lake Grace was gazetted later in 1916. The branch railway was extended to the ultimate terminus at Newdegate on 15 February 1926 and a further branch from Lake Grace to Hyden opened on 5 April 1933, thus making Lake Grace a junction and therefore some importance for train working operations
In 1922 the Reverend ‘the John Flynn’ visited the town to assess the suitability for establishing an AIM ‘mission’ hospital. The Western Australian Government agreed to subsidize the building of the hospital, which was subsequently built by AIM and opened in April 1926 staffed by two nurses,
The lake after which the townsite was named was given the name Lake Grace by Marshall Fox, the District Surveyor, in 1910. It is named after Grace Brockman, the wife of the Surveyor General.