Still heading north to Perth and the next small town encountered is Waroona.
The town was originally known as Drakesbrook, and was first settled by John Fouracre in 1891. A railway station on the Pinjarra to Picton Junction railway line with the name "Drake's Brook", named after William Henry Drake, an Assistant Commissioner General and original landholder in the area (1847), opened in September 1893 and the town was surveyed and gazetted by March 1895.
Due to the unpopularity of the initial subdivision, new lots were surveyed near the mill, which became known as Waroona.
Be sure to stop and take in the heritage buildings.