GERALDINE

What a delight Geraldine is as one of those places that is now turning into a tourist town. Not long back a small community struggling after the rural devastation of the eighties; now we have museums, a lively shopping precinct and human dynamics that clearly indicate a proud community at work and play.

The Geraldine area started to be settled by Europeans in the 1840s and it was in 1854 that Samuel Hewlings built the first bark hut in Talbot Street.

Geraldine is in the heart of a prosperous farming area with dairy cows, sheep, cattle, deer, cropping and fruit growing in abundance. Almost 3,500 people live in the town and its surroundings areas.

Geraldine has own and community two museums of which the Vintage Cars is gaining an international reputation. The cbd Museum has neatly packaged the history of Geraldine.

The War Memorial is located on the northern edge of the town and the hotel is a great structure and its history is well documented at the museum.

Geraldine has three great churches that clearly continue to play a significant part on this great town and community.

 

 

Fireplace Dump Station
General Store Bottled Gas
Internet Caravan
Camping   4WD
Kitchen Facilities Disabled access
Laundry Toilets
Campervans Accommodation
Meals Airport
Pets Allowed   Boat Ramp
Telephone Picnic Area
Roadside Rest Area Electricity
Scenic Swimming
Tap water   Thermal Area
Stream Water   Walking tracks
Rotary Club Lions Club
Gymnasium Gardens
Winery Whitewater Rafting
Surfing   Skydiving
Skiing Scenic Flights
Postal Service Police
Movie Location   Mountain Biking
Kayaking   Jet Boating
Information Hospital
Hang Gliding Golf Course