Inglewood is on a junction of major roads heading south to the Hawera and beyond. Inglewood is another of those really nice small towns that has also retained a touch of class. As is the case with much small town New Zealand, Inglewood has had to deal with demographic changes and the drift of populations to larger centres.
Inglewood benefits from the Egmont National Park and Mount Taranaki and tourism is being embraced. Servicing the rural and semi industrial commercial entities is Inglewood’s other reason for being.
Inglewood was named by Philip Colin Threkeld for Inglewood Forest in UK. The settlement was founded in 1873, and its name rapidly progressed from Moatown to Milton before being renamed in 1875 to avoid confusion with Milton in the South Island.
The Inglewood War Memorial has great profile on overlooking the junction of three highways.
Allow enough time to enjoy